To date, over 90 countries have set net-zero emissions targets including the world’s largest emitters, China, the United States and India. Thousands more regions, cities and companies have set net-zero targets of their own. But how can they turn those pledges into practice? A forthcoming report by World Resources Institute (WRI), titled “Realizing Net-Zero Emissions: Good Practice in Countries,” will draw out examples of countries that are already taking concrete actions today toward achieving their net-zero aims.
Join us on Thursday, June 29 where the report’s lead authors will showcase these pioneering countries and share good practices related to governance, sectoral policy, finance and investment, stakeholder engagement and more. Experts will also highlight resources from the Climate Watch and Systems Change Lab data platforms showing global progress towards net zero.
- Taryn Fransen, Director of Science, Research, and Data, Global Climate Program, WRI (moderator)
- Cynthia Elliott, Senior Associate, Climate Policy, WRI
- Clea Schumer, Associate, Raising National Ambition, WRI
- Tappan Parker, Outreach and Engagement Manager, Systems Change Lab
- Leandro Vigna, Data Partnerships & Outreach Manager, Climate Watch
Photo by Dennis Schroeder / NREL via flickr